Since we previously wrote a blog on opening your garage door manually with the interior pull cord, let’s look at another option for opening the door while the power is out.
Introducing the LiftMaster 8550W
Briefly stated, the model LiftMaster 8550W is a residential door operator known to be durable, reliable and affordable. Its most popular feature is a battery powered back up system. When the power goes out, you can still operate your garage door. You’ll receive an audible signal letting you know that the backup power system is in use. Additionally, the battery will automatically recharge once the power comes back on.
- Another nice feature of this model is the MyQ technology. This is an option to use WiFi to open and close your garage door from your smartphone, computer, or tablet.
- Door sensors project an invisible light beam across the bottom of the garage door opening and will reverse the door if anything interrupts the beam. It will also stop the door from closing if any contact is made with an object or a person.
- For added security and safety, the Security+2.0 system is a rolling code technology which assures a new code is sent each time the remote control is used. Further, the PosiLock system ensures the garage door remains locked when closed.
- The User’s Guide manual is well-written, detailed, and includes sections on recommended maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Possibly the best feature of the LiftMaster 8550W is the warranty. The motor and belt have a lifetime warranty, while parts have 5 years warranty.
As we see, the Liftmaster 8550W is much more than a standard garage door opener. For all that it offers, it’s reasonably priced. Garage doors and openers can be dangerous if not installed by a professional and we would appreciate the opportunity to assist you with this and all your garage door needs. Don’t let the power outages in Columbus, Newark and Heath slow you down; give this model a chance. We serve Columbus and surrounding areas by calling (614)444-DOOR and Newark and Zanesville areas by calling (740)444-DOOR. We look forward to hearing from you.